VAP has partnered with the VA’s Center for Women Veterans to bring an amazing art exhibit to 10 VA Medical Centers in March to help celebrate Women’s History Month. Out of nearly 400 submissions of amazing art, the field was narrowed down to 10 artists for the exhibit and 10 honorable mentions.
Our artists in the exhibit are:
- Victoria R. Bryers, United States Coast Guard
- Pamela Corwin, United States Army
- Amy Forsythe, United States Marine Corps
- Natalie Lopez, United States Air Force
- Cara Myhre, United States Army
- Debra Russell, United States Navy
- Deveon Sudduth, United States Army
- Laura Taylor, United States Navy
- Stacey Thompson, United States Marine Corps and
- Lindsay Zike, United States Navy
The exhibits will be displayed at Beckley VA Medical Center, Beckley, West Virginia; W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center, Salisbury, North Carolina; Atlanta VA Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia; James H. Quillen VA Medical Center, Mountain Home, Tennessee; VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System, in Topeka and Leavenworth, Kansas; Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois; Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System in New Orleans, Louisiana; Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, Texas; Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center, Spokane, Washington; and VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System, Las Vegas, Nevada.
There will be events at many of the locations to further showcase the art.
Another article will follow shortly showcasing the Honorable Mentions.